[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk SMS configuration

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Mar 30 10:07:20 MST 2005

Wilson Pickett wrote:
> Quoting the wiki at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Sms
>
> appended to the end. The telco can define a default sub address (9 in
> the UK) which is used when the extra digit is not appended to the end.

It says there's a default anyway.  Note smsq doesn't send one (I guess
this is bug in smsq).  I rewrote the number to 17940099 anyway and it
didn't make a difference.

However it doesn't explain the issue.  I send:

smsq 00000 register

And it's supposed to text me back with a 'successful' message.

The outgoing works.  This isn't about extra digits or anything like that.

The message centre then calls me back, but asterisk can't receive the
message.. it hangs up after the first response.  I listened to what is
coming back and it is *not* trying to send voice.. it's actually a
silent line that drops after about 5 seconds if it doesn't get the
correct response (I'm guessing that asterisk isn't sending the correct
response). Has anyone got this working in the UK?  Do I have to set a
country specific setting?

Tony

btw. I asked T mobile and they do not support direct SMS to landlines -
they in fact couldn't understand why I would ever want it.  The explains
the mobile not working.  They need adding to the list of mobile
companies that do not work.  (this renders the whole exercise academic
of course since I can't actually use it.. it still annoys me it doesn't
work).