[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk::AGI script won't work?

Richard Reina rf_reina at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 06:18:41 MST 2005

I installed the AGI perl library then put the
following script in a file called
/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/send_clid.agi,
updated my [incoming] context with exten =>
s,1,AGI(send_clid.agi) and did a restart now.

use Asterisk::AGI;
my $agi = Asterisk::AGI->new();
my %input = $agi->ReadParse();

my $clid = $input{callerid};
my $dnid = $input{dnid};

open(CS, ">>call_id_test");
print CS "INCOMING CALL FROM " . $clid . "\n";
print CS $dnid . "\n";
close(CS) || die "can't close\n";
system("wall $clid");

The >cli seems to indicate it worked:
Launched agi script
/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/send_clid.agi
AGI script send_clid.agi completed, returning 0

however I see no output from wall and if I do a cat
call_id_test it's empty.  call_id_test has permission
set to 777.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, again for all the help thus far.

Richard