Please do not use 'reply' for new threads? (was: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Egytpian call progress frequencies and cadences (second request))

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Wed Mar 30 05:59:37 MST 2005

On Wed, March 30, 2005 13:04, Ezabi said:
> Hi,
<SNIP>
> Ezabi

Ezabi, (a.o.)

I am assuming that you aren't using a threaded email reader, as you would
be aware of what replying to a message in order to start a new thread -
which I am assuming you did, judging from the results - would do to the
threading if you were...
(I am not holding that against you <G>, just drawing conclusions!)

Please (to all) start a *new* message when you want to start a new
thread... Replying to an existing message and changing the subject will
*not* start a new thread. Threading (in proper clients at least) is based
on special information in the message headers, which does not get altered
by changing the subject.

The result is that the 'new' thread gets weaved in to the existing one,
with unwanted results for both threads...

TIA!

PS: Please, no replies on whether this should be done on or off list. I
happen to think it belongs on-list for the education of all. A
'discussion' on this subject will only server to pollute both threads even
further, but will only end, as previously, in agreement to disagree...
;-)

BRgds

--
Francesco Peeters