[Asterisk-Users] Troubles with VoIP providers

Obihuan obihuan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 03:24:03 MST 2005

Hello all,

I had tested about ten VoIP providers, but no one gave me the quality
I was looking for.

My calls, depending the hour of the day, have diferent quality.
Sometimes I felt cuts in the conversation or lost the sound on one of
the end point.

All of the providers I tested had any kind of trouble.

My internet gateway is an 1 Mb. ADSL conection y I make QOS by the
router 70% of bandwidth for SIP and IAX2 protocols and 30% for others
protocols. With 3 simultaneus calls.

I thing that the problem is in the providers side, cause we make calls
between our
diferents offices via IAX2 without quality problems, but I am not sure.
I said that because when in US the people wake up and start to work,
about local time 13:00, our calls get more troubles, like cuts, but
before that time our calls goes better than after.

Have you got troubles with your provider, or the sound quality is
always the same?
Am I the only one who feel troubles with VoIP providers?
Could you tell me the witch provider you use?

Any clue will be welcomed.

Thanks for your time

 Obihuan