[Asterisk-Users] iax2 & nat

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 23:29:02 MST 2005

> > Is it possible to have 2 (working) iax2 phones behind port restriced nat?

Interesting you ask, since I just had an incident concerning this. I
have an IAXy and got an IAX hardphone which I tested at home behind
the same NAT. Using IAX soft clients before in this situation, they
would work, but the hardphone had a lot of trouble being "reachable"
and was shown at port 1024 while all other peers were listed on the
correct 4569. Putting that same hardphone in the DMZ (which I've never
gotten to work before with say, SIP phones) made it work normally.

It also seems that while the IAXy will work with qualify=300, none of
the IAX phones I've tested so far will be reachable if qualify is
used. I've wondered why this is, in case anyone has the answer? My
guess is that qualify uses a message that these phones don't answer.