[Asterisk-Users] Call Waiting

Chris christopher1980 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 29 20:04:20 MST 2005

I have a pretty simple setup.  I have a box running Asterisk at Home with an
X100P card and 2 Grandstream BudgeTone-100 phones.  I thought it would be
rather simple but I seem to be having a hell of a time getting call waiting
to work.  I have come across some solutions in the mailing list that have to
do with making an extension that you dial that gives a Flash() cmd and then
dials the extension your on.  I have somewhat gotten this to work, but only
to another extension..

My question is if it is at all possible to perhaps have the Flash button on
the phone to send the Flash() command that does a flash on the Zap channel
instead of to the asterisk pbx.  This would make things much more simple.  I
have a feeling this is not possible though.  That being true, I was
wondering if someone could please show me some type of  example of what I
would need in order to use call waiting with this phone.

exten=>600,1,Flash()

exten=>600,2,Dial(SIP/202)

Currently I have that in extensions.custom.conf and if I am on a call and
another call comes in via call waiting, I press flash and dial 600 it will
do the Flash() command and send it to extension 202.  Now I've only done
this from my phone which is extension 200, so that doesn't help much.  But
at least I know that it can somewhat be done.

Also, I have tried pressing flash and *0 which doesn't seem to be working at
all.