[Asterisk-Users] Sipura SPA 2000 - Miltiple Ring Tones

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Tue Mar 29 18:03:12 MST 2005

Rod Bacon wrote:

> When I dial a PSTN (via * with Digium Quad-E1) number, I hear two
> sumultaneous ring tones. One is coming from *, the other I assume is
> from the ATA. Is there an intelligent way to get around this?

I am getting the exact same thing.  It sounds like two ring tones one
playing on top of each other.  This is with a T1 PRI.

I assumed the ATA is generating one while my telco is telling asterisk
to generate another.

This does not happen when calling cell phones (where the far end
generates sound), only when the ringing is generated by the near side of
the call.

I never figured out if this was the ATA's fault or *'s fault...