[Asterisk-Users] Fail over

Chris Mason lists at masonc.com
Tue Mar 29 15:28:43 MST 2005

> Some of their products are programmable too, where you can
> send TCP messages to
> initiate the switching process. Check out their website for
> more products.

That's perfect, because I use a Nagios monitoring system that can tell if
the Asterisk system is running and tell the fail-over switch to switch if it
isn't. I'm not sure how to monitor Asterisk yet but it looks like this will
do it:
http://megaglobal.net/docs/asterisk/monitor_pbx.pl

Together with that I would monitor disk space, cpu load, http and ping,
should make sure everything is working well.

The only other issue is power failure but with a large UPS system I don't
expect that to be an issue.

Chris