[Asterisk-Users] Forwarding calls

Paul junk at irqx.com
Tue Mar 29 15:25:25 MST 2005

Hey everyone, I'm new to asterisk but eager to learn. So here's my scenario.
I have an asterisk box with two digium x100p cards. I have a POTS line
connected to one of them. Basically my goal is to have someone call into the
incoming POTS line and be presented with a menu where they would select an
extension that would automatically connect them to my cell phone. I have two
phone lines and too FXO cards, but I understand that it can be done with one
line and one card using the three-way calling feature. I have the menu
system setup and it works well with the exception of transferring or
forwarding the call to my cell phone. The most success that I've had is
using the DTMF command and manually dialing the number. My phone rings, but
asterisk hangs up before I can answer it. I could set a timeout on it, but
it would disconnect the call after that time even if I was still on the
phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a snipplet of my
extensions.conf file for what it's worth:

exten => 1,1,Playback(pbx-transfer)   ;*****PRESS 1 TO MAKE AN APPOITMENT

exten => 1,2,Goto,cellphone|s|1

[cellphone]

exten => s,1,Flash