[Asterisk-Users] Avaya Partner ACS system, pre 7.0

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno-co.org
Tue Mar 29 15:02:52 MST 2005

C F wrote:

>It realy depends what you are trying to accomplish, if all you want to
>do is add more extensions that happen to be offnet using VoIP, then
>you could just add analog extensions, and use FXO in * and then IP
>phones in the remote offices.

I'll give you more details:

We have two offices.  Medium sized office ( 20 phones ), and a small
office in a different city ( 5 phones ).  We have plans to open a
business office that will handle all incoming phone calls.  This
business office will be next door to the medium sized office.  So the
plan would be two fold:  FXO ports for incoming, and FXS ports to the
avaya system itself.

Honestly, the way this setup is looking, it may be more problematic to
band aid the situation as apposed to simply doing a full phone system
upgrade.  I'd prefer to do that, but I'm making sure there isn't a
shortcut so we could reuse our old equipment and avoid the retraining of
our staff.

Thank you for the input.

Sean