[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, SER, NAT, STUN and the whole debate

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Tue Mar 29 11:09:26 MST 2005

I tried doing a sample test with a softphone behind nat and trying to
connect to my asterisk who has ports forwarded, so far, it can connect but
as usual, I can hear the prompt but for example, using the echo test, I
don't hear myself back.

By doing a sip show peers I see the softphone connected but instead of
showing using port 5060, it shows using port 64112 for example.

I have nat=yes and canreinvite=no ... Any ideas? I was thinking about stun
and ser but what do you guys think?