[Asterisk-Users] Problem with 401 Unauthorized

Mike Miller mikeage at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:14:34 MST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:01:37 -0700, Kevin P. Fleming
<kpfleming at starnetworks.us> wrote:
> Mike Miller wrote:
>
> > Based on what you wrote -- I'm using type=friend, not type=peer. This
> > should be ok, though, correct? (As friend == peer + user, right?)
>
> Yes, type=friend is fine.
>
> > sip.conf:
> > [general]
> > context=default    ; Default context for incoming calls
> > realm=192.168.1.100    ; Realm for digest authentication
>
> Please remove/comment this line as a test, it should not be necessary.

Same results -- I thought that perhaps since my sip id was via ip
instead of a domain name, I should try this.

> > port=5060    ; UDP Port to bind to (SIP standard port is 5060)
> > bindaddr=0.0.0.0    ; IP address to bind to (0.0.0.0 binds to all)
> > srvlookup=yes    ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls
> >
> > [203]
> > type=friend
> > username=203
> > context=internal
> > secret=203
> > qualify=no    ; linphone will become unreachable if qualify=yes
> > host=dynamic
> > nat=no
> > canreinvite=yes
> > disallow=all    ; only the sensible codecs
> > allow=ulaw
> > allow=alaw
> > allow=gsm
>
> This looks fine, although 'username' is not needed. What version of
> Asterisk are you running?

1.0.6 from an ubuntu package. I'd also tried a version compiled from
source, but with the same results.

I tried taking out username, but it didn't help.