[Asterisk-Users] DTMF detection/generation

Jim Crossley jim.crossley at cptii.com
Tue Mar 29 08:56:38 MST 2005

I'm hoping Asterisk can help me solve an unusual problem.

I need two SIP endpoints (VoiceXML gateways) to transfer DTMF tones to
each other.  Both of them can detect DTMF according to rfc2833.
However, one of them (host2) must generate DTMF inband.

Happily, I came up with the following sip.conf to allow host1 to
detect DTMF tones generated by host2.

[in]
type=peer
host=host1
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no

[out]
type=peer
host=host2
dtmfmode=inband

But this is not enough, because it doesn't allow host2 to detect tones
generated by host1.  :-(

I'm an Asterisk newbie, but thrilled that it got me this far.  I'm
kinda stuck now, though, and I'm hoping someone on the list can point
me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Jim