[Asterisk-Users] CIC Code

James Taylor jltaylor at metrotel.net
Tue Mar 29 07:34:53 MST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 06:31:11 -0600, Jason Miller <jwm at interlinc.net> wrote:

> Do you remember what you actually changed to make it work cause that is
> the
> same switch that I am dealing with myself if I am not mistaken.
>

> Thank you,
> Jason Miller
>

>> From: Dave Weis <djweis at sjdjweis.com>
>> Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 06:23:35 -0600 (CST)
>> <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] CIC Code
>>

>> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Jason Miller wrote:
>>> Has anyone ever setup Asterisk to pass Feature Group D access while
>>> using a
>>> CIC code for outbound calls? If so can you please email the
>>> configuration
>>> you have done? I have tried to get this up and running but with no
>>> luck. I
>>> have also contacted support and I cant seem to get this going.
>>
>> I got it working briefly. I had to talk with the switch techs at the
>> other
>> end for a couple hours and modify the source code to reformat what was
>> being sent down the line. Their definition of FGD and asterisk's
>> definition were not the same. It was a nortel DMS-100 or 250 set up for
>> CLASS 4.

1. EAEO siezes outgoing trunk
2. Carrier responds with wink-start
3. After wink, delay of 40 to 200 ms before you outpulse
    If carrier requested ANI, you outpulse KP+II+ANI(10 digits)+ST,
otherwise you send KP+ST
4. After customer completes dialing, EAEO outpulses KP+(0)+7/10 digits+ST
5. Carrier responds with wink
6. Carrier returns true called party answer supervision.

If you are connecting via an Access Tandem:
1st state dialing:

KP+0ZZ+XXX+ST

0ZZ=spare tandem center code
XXX=dialed or presubscribed CIC

2nd state as above.

I'm not sure how Asterisk handles this but I will tak e a look.

You might request Feature Group C signaling, just to test and see if you
can make it work.
It is: KP+DNIS+ST
Then if you can "talk" go back to working on the FGD.

--
James Taylor
MetroTel