[Asterisk-Users] CIC Code

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Tue Mar 29 06:45:50 MST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Jason Miller wrote:
> Do you remember what you actually changed to make it work cause that is the
> same switch that I am dealing with myself if I am not mistaken.

Approximately line 1673 in chan_zap.c, it looks like this:

                 if (p->sig == SIG_FEATD) {
                         l = ast->cid.cid_num;
                         if (l)
                                 snprintf(p->dop.dialstr,
sizeof(p->dop.dialstr), "T*%s*%s*", l, c + p->stripmsd);
                         else
                                 snprintf(p->dop.dialstr,
sizeof(p->dop.dialstr), "T**%s*", c + p->stripmsd);
                 } else
                 if (p->sig == SIG_FEATDMF) {
                         l = ast->cid.cid_num;
                         if (l)
                                 snprintf(p->dop.dialstr,
sizeof(p->dop.dialstr), "M*00%s#*%s#", l, c + p->stripmsd);
                         else
                                 snprintf(p->dop.dialstr,
sizeof(p->dop.dialstr), "M*02#*%s#", c + p->stripmsd);
                 } else

The switch tech told me that the 00 indicates operator assistance on their
switch, he thought 01 or the 02 in the next line was more correct. Also,
the * and # aren't called * and #, I found out that the switch tech laughs
at you. :-) They are KP and ST.

One strange thing is that asterisk seemed to be putting pauses in the dial
string. In zaptel.c on line 2502 I inserted a printk to look at the final
dial string. There were pauses inserted in the dial string. It would be
nice if monitor could get audio during the dialing instead of just after
answer.

dave

>> From: Dave Weis <djweis at sjdjweis.com>
>> Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 06:23:35 -0600 (CST)
>> <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] CIC Code
>>

>> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Jason Miller wrote:
>>> Has anyone ever setup Asterisk to pass Feature Group D access while using a
>>> CIC code for outbound calls? If so can you please email the configuration
>>> you have done? I have tried to get this up and running but with no luck. I
>>> have also contacted support and I cant seem to get this going.
>>
>> I got it working briefly. I had to talk with the switch techs at the other
>> end for a couple hours and modify the source code to reformat what was
>> being sent down the line. Their definition of FGD and asterisk's
>> definition were not the same. It was a nortel DMS-100 or 250 set up for
>> CLASS 4.

Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent
                       encroachments of those in power than by violent
                       and sudden usurpations."- James Madison