[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk and XLite on same machine (OSX)?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Mar 29 00:13:13 MST 2005

Steve Kann wrote:

> Why don't you just use an IAX softphone in the first place, instead of a
> SIP softphone, plus asterisk in the middle?

In my case, I'm too dumb to write my own softphone, or that's exactly
what I would do.

xlite is the only softphone I have ever found of any protocol flavor
that allows me to use the keypad more or less totally to do my dialing.

After about ten minutes of moving the mouse around to click digits on
the teensy keypads of those other phones, I find myself staring at the
ceiling and thinking, "Can it be *that* hard to do keybindings for the
commonly used DTMF keys?"

It must be, though.

I'll be glad to stand corrected, but so far despite xlite's proprietary
nature and buggy Linux implementation, it's all I've got.

B.