[Asterisk-Users] Re: Problem parsing unusual SIP/SDP

Stewart Nelson sn at scgroup.com
Mon Mar 28 22:34:27 MST 2005

>> Is it worth posting such a vague bug report?  Unfortunately, I know
>> absolutely nothing about the internals of Asterisk.

> Yes, please do, but make sure you include a full 'sip debug/set verbose
> 255/set debug 255' as an attachment in the bug. Also include the
> relevant portions of your sip.conf file (with secrets removed, of course).

I submitted a bug report, and was amazed that within two hours, Mark had
found the bug, fixed it, and posted updated source code.  The code works great.
There are now no problems on incoming or outgoing calls.

I never get such good support for commercial software, even on high-end
packages that charge an arm and a leg for maintenance.

Many thanks to Mark, Kevin, and the Asterisk team.

--Stewart