[Asterisk-Users] First second choppy

Robert Goodyear me at jrob.net
Mon Mar 28 16:50:33 MST 2005

On Mar 28, 2005, at 3:22 PM, Noah Silverman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When someone calls into our * system over a PTSN line, we answer with
> a recorded prompt.  (Thank  you for calling, etc..)
>
> The first second of this prompt ALWAYS skips.  After that, everything
> sounds great and works perfectly.  There is nothing wrong with the
> prompt.

Yeah, there's some wackyness (wackiness?) during call setup, and it
usually manifests itself as a big ugly dropout on an outbound call too.
I have been experimenting with the whole RINGING, WAIT, ANSWER sequence
of steps at the beginning of my inbound contexts to get just the right
amount of time to settle the call down.

However, I'm not sure if I should be doing RINGING, ANSWER, WAIT or
some other sequence of events, or just RINGING(n) then ANSWER.

Anyone know if WAIT is not advisable to workaround the problem Noah's
asking about?

/rg