[Asterisk-Users] Sounds gets choppy after 30 seconds

Jed Stafford jeds at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 16:17:42 MST 2005

This is driving me crazy, when making an outgoing call
the first 30 seconds is always perfect, then the party
on the receiving end can always hear me perfectly but
after 30-60 seconds the audio coming back to me from
them starts to get choppy and drops out.

I've tried this with multiple devices, from multiple
locations some behind NAT, others not. This is using
the ulaw codec, although i've tried it with alaw as
well. Problem happens via IAX as well as a SIP
channel, both calling PSTN numbers.

Network performance to the Asterisk server is good,
15-20ms, performed ping tests for 1-2 hours with
almost no packet loss.

I'm willing to check or post anything needed here, but
I need some fresh ideas since i've checked everything
I can.

Regards,

-J