[Asterisk-Users] call files run at certain times

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Mar 28 15:15:42 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 15:55 -0600, Anton Krall wrote:
> Im checking the wiki for call files info and seems somebody has a wake up
> script that runs call files at certain times.
>
> Do you know if its possible to run a call file by using some other methods
> different from cron jobs or at? The wiki mentions that it might be possible
> to do this is you modify the files creation date and time by using touch
> -f.. Is it true?
>
> The wakeup script creates call files with the date and time on the filename
> but I don't see how asterisk can then now when to run it since it runs all
> the files on the outgoing dir when it sees them.

Without looking at code, I don't know for certain.

If you modify the creation time and then 'mv' it into the outgoing dir,
asterisk will see it and ignore it till the creation time is older than
current time.

You will find a lot of suggestions to not create files in the outgoing
directory due to race conditions on your creation time and when you are
done writing the file.