[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940 and multiple simultaneous calls

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 14:57:54 MST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:31:56 -0600, Henry Devito <hdevito at mchsi.com> wrote:
> Hate to bring up an old thread.  I just configured a 7960 with multiple
> lines appearing.  Each defined the same, but the buttons don't seem to roll
> over.  What else do I have to define to do this.

Well it works for me and many others, so obviously..........
So lets begin:
1. I found out (the hard way), that if you configure button 1 with sip
account a, and button 2 with sip account b, then you can't try this
(using sip account a) on button 3, it has to be in order (I didn't
design it).
2. Make sure call waiting is disabled, although some suggested that it
is not required, since you are asking me, and this is how I have it
setup, and I never tested it any other way, give it a try.
3. Sometimes if you use the buttons on the phone and not TFTP to
configure the phone, you might mistake what parameteres to match to
the first button, therefore try making everything the same if
possible.