[Asterisk-Users] How to config speex?

Roman Zhovtulya roman at fh-offenburg.de
Mon Mar 28 12:37:36 MST 2005

As far as I know speex is an adaptive codec, i.e. it will automatically
adjust to the conditions and provide the best quality possible.
Therefore, there should be no need to configure that manually.

Could anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

On the other hand, I was thinking about getting my Asterisk and SJPhone
run with Speex.

Does anyone have experience?
What's the quality boost compared to iLBC?
Ist is difficult to install?

Can I install speex on win2000/XP and use it from any softphone?
How do I add speex to SJPhone's list of codecs?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Roman