[Asterisk-Users] AGI STREAM FILE command

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Mar 28 09:36:42 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 08:30 -0600, Bill Kervaski wrote:
> Has anyone had success with the AGI STREAM FILE command with the CVS?  I
> can't get it to work with the debian 1.0.5 package or the CVS on Redhat
> or Debian.
>
> It's not syntax, I'm doing that right.  It doesn't give me an error when
> I use AGI DEBUG, it doesn't even give a response, just goes right on to
> the next command.  I put a "SAY NUMBER 123 #" before and after the
> STREAM FILE and they both work fine, returning 200 OK, etc.

DO NOT SEND A DIGEST TO THE MAILING LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do not mention if you followed the suggestion someone else made
about making sure you do not have the extension on the file.

Without providing the line you are trying to make work, you can not make
most of us believe you haven't made a mistake. There are way too many
people using Asterisk AGI successfully for it to likely be a bug in the
Asterisk code if your command is simple.

With as much as I love Debian, the distribution is not the problem. Do
not use the very old Debian asterisk packages though. They are so old as
to have well known bugs.

If you want to participate better in the mailing list, maybe you would
be better off to remove the digest option from the mailing list and use
a proper mail filter to split the list mail to a folder other than your
inbox.