[Asterisk-Users] pass caller ID to another application or machine.

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Mon Mar 28 09:24:45 MST 2005

On 07:50, Mon 28 Mar 05, Richard Reina wrote:

> Please pardon my ignorance, but how did you get
> asterisk to pass that into to your log file. That is
> in essence the part I'm haveing the most difficulty
> with.

Richard,

I did this (as root)
touch /var/log/asterisk/my_agi.log && chmod 777
/var/log/asterisk/my_agi.log

that way the logfile is there.
now you can use this file to log from inside your agi
script:
        if ($debug) fputs($stdlog, "read: $input\n");

All set and ready to go :)
--
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."