[Asterisk-Users] CAPI/Dialing out

Philip Hofstetter phofstetter at sensational.ch
Mon Mar 28 07:53:07 MST 2005

Hi,

after having read so much about Asterisk, I went on and tried out to
create a little sample-setup.

I'm using a Fritz Card USB with the AVM Capi Driver and two X-Lite
Softphones.

Dialing between the softphones makes no problem.

Calling the MSN fron an external phone also works. I'm getting to the
asterisk demo-voicebox which works flawlessly.

Now may next step has been to enable dialing out with the softphones.
This does not work as expected.

I can dial out and the hard phone on the other end actually rings. When
I answer it, I can hear nothing. Noting appears on the Asterisk console,
X-Lite still talks about trying to connect.

Now if I hang up the real phone, the state remains unchanged on the side
of Asterisk. Both the D and B1-LEDs remain on.

Only after I hang up in the Softphone, more begins to happen in the log:
First it tells that the call was answered, then it talks about the
hangig up-process.

This is how a call looks:

-- Executing Dial("SIP/12346-457f", "CAPI/0442607572:b012669095|30") in
new stack
-- creating pipe for PLCI=-1
    > sent CONNECT_REQ MN =0x4
-- Called 0442607572:b012669095
-- CAPI[contr1/0442607572]/0 answered SIP/12346-457f  <---------------
-- CAPI Hangingup
    > sent DISCONNECT_B3_REQ NCCI=0x10101
    > sent DISCONNECT_REQ PLCI=0x101

I've marked the interesting line.

After begining to dial, the lines until "Called 044..." appear. Then
nothing happens besides the real phone actually ringing. Even if I
answer it, nothing happens in Asterisk or in X-Lite.

Then, when I hang up in X-Lite, the rest of above lines is printed.

If I don't answer the real phone, the line marked above is not printed.
The rest is the same.

So it's like Asterisk not getting a signal from the CAPI-layer that the
phone on the other side was actually answered.

What do I have to tweak? Which file do you actually need to help me?
I've included capi.conf and the relevant parts of extension.conf below
(as copied and pasted from various tutorials out there).

I'd gladly appriciate any help.

Philip

capi.conf:
[general]
nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00
rxgain=0.8
txgain=0.8

[interfaces]
msn=0442607572
incomingmsn=*
controller=1
softdtmf=1
accountcode=
context=demo
devices=2

extension.conf:
[ch-fest-netz]
exten => _0[1-9].,1,Dial(CAPI/0442607572:b${EXTEN},30)
exten => _0[1-9].,2,Hangup

[theflintstones]
include => ch-fest-netz
exten => _[123456789]XXXX,1,NoOp("call for "${EXTEN})
exten => _[123456789]XXXX,2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},60,tr)
exten => _[123456789]XXXX,3,Congestion