[Asterisk-Users] Connecting quadbri to EuroISDN with 2 TE and 2 NT ports - what cables and settings ?

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Mon Mar 28 07:34:18 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to connect quadbri between powered ISDN phone and ISDN line:
ISDN <---1--->  TE - * - NT <--2--> Phone

I use quadbri, suse 9.2 and latest 0.2.0-RC7k bristuff. I've used sample
settings provided with package, but do get strange error (I think that I
have wrong setting for P2P or P2MP setting and cables 1 and 2).

If I connect phone to ISDN with straight cable it works. I've put quadbri in
between, and connected ISDN to span1 in TE mode, and phone in NT mode on
span4. Did configuration (added at the end). I get errors:

qozap: CRC error for HDLC frame on card 1 (cardID 255) S/T port 1
qozap: CRC error for HDLC frame on card 1 (cardID 255) S/T port 1
qozap: CRC error for HDLC frame on card 1 (cardID 255) S/T port 1
qozap: CRC error for HDLC frame on card 1 (cardID 255) S/T port 1
qozap: CRC error for HDLC frame on card 1 (cardID 255) S/T port 1
qozap: CRC error for HDLC frame on card 1 (cardID 255) S/T port 1

I'm not sure what cables to use. I use straight for -1- and -2-. Is this
right ?  I'm in European community (EuroISDN) so I guess I should have some
pretty standard connections...

I have ISDN line with 2 MSNs and two connectors on NT termination - so I
guess this is P2MP. Is this OK ?

Does anyone have working example for Germany ?

There is also one strange thing: I get this in dmesg when loading qozap
module, although I have specified 4th port to be NT - and pri show span 4
shows it in netowork mode:

Zapata Telephony Interface Unloaded
module zaptel unsupported by SUSE/Novell, tainting kernel.
Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
module qozap unsupported by SUSE/Novell, tainting kernel.
PCI: Enabling device 0000:02:0c.0 (0000 -> 0003)
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:02:0c.0[A] -> GSI 20 (level, low) -> IRQ 209
qozap: S/T ports: 4 [ TE TE TE TE ]
qozap: 1 multiBRI card(s) in this box, 4 BRI ports total.
Registered tone zone 3 (Netherlands)

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

#--------- /etc/zaptel.conf:
loadzone=nl
defaultzone=nl
# qozap span definitions
# most of the values should be bogus because we are not really zaptel
span=1,1,3,ccs,ami
span=2,0,3,ccs,ami
span=3,0,3,ccs,ami
span=4,0,3,ccs,ami

bchan=1,2
dchan=3
bchan=4,5
dchan=6
bchan=7,8
dchan=9
bchan=10,11
dchan=12

#--------- /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
[channels]

switchtype = euroisdn

pridialplan = dynamic
prilocaldialplan = local
nationalprefix = 0
internationalprefix = 00
usecallingpres=yes

echocancel = yes
echocancelwhenbridged = yes
echotraining = 100

;-------------------------------------------------------------------
; p2p TE mode (for connecting ISDN lines in point-to-point mode)
;signalling = bri_cpe
; p2mp TE mode (for connecting ISDN lines in point-to-multipoint mode)
signalling = bri_cpe_ptmp

context=isdn-incoming
group = 1

; S/T port 1-3 (first quadBRI, or lower ports of an octoBRI)
channel => 1-2
channel => 4-5
channel => 7-8

; p2p NT mode (for connecting an ISDN PBX in point-to-point mode)
signalling = bri_net

context=pbx-incoming
group = 2

; S/T port 4 (second quadBRI, or upper ports of an octoBRI)
channel => 10-11