[Asterisk-Users] pass caller ID to another application or machine.

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Mon Mar 28 01:55:36 MST 2005

On 18:57, Sun 27 Mar 05, Richard Reina wrote:
> I would like to have asterisk pass along the caller ID
> phone number to a database server on a my local
> network (the same network that the * server resides on
> ) so that  our customer service app. can pull up
> customer data automatially.  Asterisk passes along
> caller ID to the phones fine, can someone tell me how
> to make it pass this info to my database server?

Hi,

You can do this with an agi script.
We are doing this in our app too.
We have a webbased crm app and * looks up the number there
and inserts a record into a table so our app can read that.
When the call hangs up, the record is deleted from the
database.

It's not really that hard to make.
--
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."