[Asterisk-Users] Sipura 2000 x dual g729 channels x other choices?

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Mon Mar 28 01:03:01 MST 2005

I confirm too, Sipura devices have flawless g729a codec. Tested
personally the Sipura-2100, 3000 and 841 hardphone models - all work
with Asterisk 100% straight out of the box, even with chan_sip's
not_so_100%_rfc3261 behaviour. I think the sipura-1001 model is the
stripped-down 1 fxs port copy of 2100, and as they all share the same
firmware core, it should work ok as well.

The overheating problem seems gone too, my sipuras are only moderately
warm after running continously for several days.

Now if Sipura could make an 8 port fxs version... ;-)