[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on a dialup connection?

Kerry Garrison kerryg at techdatapros.com
Sun Mar 27 19:46:02 MST 2005

Dialup quality is going to be very very poor to the point of not being
usable most of the time. You should use a service that has a low bandwidth
codec that works well like Skype or Teleo. The Codecs for Asterisk do not
like dialup. I have heard that Speex might work ok but I havent tried it.
Only Firefly supports it as far as I know.

Kerry
http://geekgazette.com