[Asterisk-Users] 2 companies - one asterisk

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 16:05:21 MST 2005

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 02:39:23 -0800, Noah Silverman <noah at allresearch.com> wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> That is the direction that I'm leaning.
>
> I just have to figure out the best way to abrevite the "prefix" that I
> add to the caller id.  In a perfect world, I would find a way to insert
> a carriage return so that I could have my "code" at the top line, and
> the actual ID underneath it.  Unfortunately, I don't think that this is
> possible.
>
> -N

This is how I do it:
setcallerid(CMPNY1:${CALLERID})
this way the name is noticeable with the rest of the callerid. You
could put in whatever you want instead of CMPNY1: even spaces and it
would work. Just don't assume your users are that stupid (and if they
are then don't belong at such a demanding job), and allow them to
recognize the difference the way you set it.