[Asterisk-Users] Comedian Voicemail Issues

Carlos Lenz clenz at emvisiontech.com
Sun Mar 27 15:11:18 MST 2005

Hello,
I have set up Comedian Mail on my Asterisk system.
I am using Voicemail not Voicemail2 in my extensions.conf file.

The system works great except for 1 thing...It is not possible to create
custom unavailable or greeting messages for 3/4 voicemail boxes.

For some odd reason 3/4 users are unable to modify the default voicemail
prompt with their own custom greeting.  The greeting gets recorded to
the system, but for some reason the Comedian Voicemail application will
not use the correct audio files.

Has any one encountered this issue?  I am at a bit of a loss or how to
fix it.

Are there other voicemail systems for Asterisk systems besides Comedian?

thanks,
Alex