[Asterisk-Users] TDM01B

Russell Handorf rhandorf at handorf.org
Sat Mar 26 23:38:17 MST 2005

Greetings all,
I addressed the issue below with editing the .config file in my 2.6.10
source file by adding
CONFIG_CRC_CCITT=m

recompiled, and now I can modprobe wcfxs and zaptel without any errors,
and ztctl -vvv shows
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

1 channels configured.

All seems well with the card, on slot 4, the LED is lit and solid. The
only issue I am having now, which I think is a config issue, is the
following when I try to make an outbound call:
Mar 27 01:07:58 WARNING[2416]: channel.c:1901 ast_request: No channel
type registered for 'ZAP'
Mar 27 01:07:58 NOTICE[2416]: app_dial.c:746 dial_exec: Unable to create
channel of type 'ZAP'

my zapata.conf file has only the following:
signalling=fxs_ks
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=400
callerid=asreceived
group=1
context=Home
channel => 4

and extensions.conf has the following line to reference the card:
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial,Zap/1/${EXTEN}

I dont have a zaptel.conf file anywhere. Also, after googling round, I
noticed someone mentioning that the IRQ's of the card cannot match
anything else, and this prompted me to check my system. lspci shows the
card as
02:06.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Intel 537

however I do not see it when I cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1
  0:   10068788      17261    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:          8          0    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
  7:          0          0    IO-APIC-edge  parport0
  9:          0          0   IO-APIC-level  acpi
 17:      18427          0   IO-APIC-level  eth1
 18:    9984624         74   IO-APIC-level  aic7xxx, aic7xxx, wctdm
 19:     101219          0   IO-APIC-level  uhci_hcd, eth0
NMI:          0          0
LOC:   10087470   10087469
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

This part has me baffled; is it the system, the OS, or the configs in *.
Before I got the errors I mentioned below to go away, the LED never lit.

Any ideas? Thanks.