[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice audio problems

Courtney Couch courtneyguy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 20:16:48 MST 2005

My only problem now is this:

I have a broadvoice number that I can dial out on, and i ncomming calls
word fine.  Once the ip phone handset picks up, the audio
bi-directionally is perfect.

The problem is the audio BEFORE the handset picks up is silent on the
broadvoice side.

The user calling in over the sip number doesnt hear the menu, or even
the ringing.  Once the handset picks up then boom, sound is perfect.

The logs show no errors, and the monitor() application shows sound
operating perfectly both directions despite the incomming call's
inability to hear untill pickup.

sip.conf for broadvoice:

[sip.broadvoice.com]
type=peer
authname=5555555555
canreinvite=no
context=test
dtmf=inband
dtmfmode=inband
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=5555555555
host=sip.broadvoice.com
insecure=very
nat=yes
secret=passcode
user=phone
username=5555555555
externip=x.x.x.x
qualify=yes

[bv]
canreinvite=no
type=user
context=test
dtmf=inband
dtmfmode=inband
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
host=sip.broadvoice.com
insecure=very
nat=yes
secret=passcode
user=5555555555
username=5555555555
qualify=yes
externip=x.x.x.x

Any ideas?

how would sound be any different after the phone picks up than before?
if anyone knows how/why its different then thatll help me track it down.

-C