[Asterisk-Users] make a call based on SMS request

dean collins dean at collins.net.pr
Sat Mar 26 06:36:23 MST 2005

I worked on a project for Vodafone Australia that did exactly this.

You sms'd a list of phone numbers to an automated 'conference number'

60 seconds later it called your phone back, and then all of the other
numbers adding them into the conference call successively.

I thought it was a great idea.

Unfortunately the management at Vodafone thought it would be too
confusing for their customers and went for an operator assisted phone
service.

I felt they were missing the point, my original target market for this
project was the teen market. I felt they should have given the service
away for free and only charged for the minutes used (can you imagine how
many 3 or 4 party conference calls the bubblegum crowd would have chewed
through?)

Cheers,
Dean