[Asterisk-Users] Re-write callerid?

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Fri Mar 25 23:22:18 MST 2005

On call forwarding just put the set caller id in the exact same way before
the dial statement. This way it will work if * is doing the forwarding
from your dial plan.

It will not work if the SIP phone is doing the forwarding because then the
* dial plan doesn't apply it will just be another outbound call.

Too bad SIP doesn't have the possibility to have call forwarding and
transfer handled by the server. That would also solve the callerid problem
in transferring calls. For an attended transfer it's nota problem but a
blind transfer is.