[Asterisk-Users] Re: Square key KTS app on *

David Josephson dlj at altaphon.com
Fri Mar 25 16:12:50 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 08:00 -0800, Mark W Wood wrote:

> > I have searched both the wiki and googled looking for a solution to
> > a square key configuration. I need to have C.O. lines to appear on
> > the buttons to facilitate a small office. All of the users can see
> > each other and calls are put on hold and picked up by the other
> > users instead of transferred. Has anyone done this? Can it be
> > accomplished and how is it accomplished? Thanks in advance.

There is already a bounty posted on the voip-info wiki on this,
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Multiple+line+appearances+on+a+single+line+ADSI+phone

The problem is not in Asterisk -- this sort of functionality could be
built easily -- but in the phone. If you have a phone with multiple line
appearances, emulating a key system for line selection and outbound
calling is not a problem, you just have each button programmed to call
an extension when you pick it up, and map that extension to the DISA
application. The problem is how to emulate the busy lamp field (BLF) so
the lights on the phone read out the status of the lines. This really
depends on how the phone implements ADSI or other protocols to control
the lights etc. on it.

Find a phone with the right addressable lights and displays and it
shouldn't be too difficult to pull the information out of * to send to
the phone.