[Asterisk-Users] Dial command problem(VOIP+*+TDM400P+Legacy PBX)

fun fun at dominic.idv.tw
Fri Mar 25 08:47:35 MST 2005

Hello,

I just setup the Asterisk to integrate with Panasonic legacy PBX. Config as followings,

PSTN <-- PanasonicPBX--TDM400P(FXO)--AsteriskPC --> Internet

* is for AA / Voicemail and VOIP in/out

Currently the AA / Voicemail function for incoming PSTN calls are working well.
My problem is for the incoming VOIP call. It can ring my internal extensions and talk without problem.
But it's all :-( I can not monitor the calling progress and handle it with * because of something wrong with
the "Dial" command. For example, ring forever if nobody answer the call, the call just be disconnected if
called extension busy, etc.

The code is as followings. Incoming VOIP call get into [via-net], then go to [test] to dial the extension.
>From the console, I can see the "Dial" command is excuted and always stay there if nobody answer the call.

1.Why no dial timeout? I doubt if it's because the TDM400P FXO is connected to the extension port of
Panasonic PBX, so that it's recognized as "answered" just while DTMF tone is sent. Is it true?

2.MusicOn Hold can be heard but stop right away while extension is ringing. Seems "answered" even still
nobody pickup the phone.

3.My Panasonic can sent the DTMF tone to indicate the status(called extension is ringback, busy, etc)
I have used this good function to finish AA for incoming PSTN call. But here I can do nothing since it stay
on the "Dial" application and not continue (if in "Background", I can detect the tone).
I even use the option M(macro) try to catch the tone send from Panasonic, but failed also. Anybody can
give me your comment? Thanks!

BR, Dominic

[via-net]
exten => _1XX,1,Answer
exten => _1XX,2,SetVar(called_ext=${EXTEN})
exten => _1XX,3,Goto(test,s,1)

[test]
exten => s,1,Background(transfer)
exten => s,2,Dial(Zap/g1/${called_ext}|10|m)
exten => s,3,NoOp
Message on console while FOREVER ringing,
-- Executing Dial("IAX2/dominic at dominic/1", "Zap/g1/102|10|m") in new stack
-- Called g1/102
-- Started music on hold, class 'default', on IAX2/dominic at dominic/1
-- Zap/1-1 answered IAX2/dominic at dominic/1
-- Stopped music on hold on IAX2/dominic at dominic/1