[Asterisk-Users] Backup for linux/asterisk

Guido Hecken guido.hecken at gwsnettech.de
Fri Mar 25 02:36:38 MST 2005

What about imaging?
We use acronis true image 8.0.
You can create an image of your asterisk box within 20 minutes (120 GB HD !)
and deploy it to another server in the same time. Even if changing your
hardware from VIA to SIS and back to INTEL wasn't a problem for us.
Btw we use Fedora Core 2 for our * servers.

Regards,

Guido Hecken

>after getting my feet wet with asterisk at home, I want to set up a second
asterisk box >to add a call shop billing and other add-ons such as LCR.
>My question is as follows.  Is there a backup program that will save to a
tape drive or a >USB CD Writer so if I mess up an install I don't have to go
through a complete >reinstall?
>I saw a few programs out there but they required X windows and from what I
read it is >suggested that X windows not be installed on an Asterisk box.