[Asterisk-Users] Polycom phones-buggy SIP firmware or am I missingsomething in the XML configs?

Marty Mastera marty at m3resources.com
Thu Mar 24 21:27:30 MST 2005

> Jason Brown wrote:
> | Anyone have experiece with polycom phones?
> |
> | I am experiencing a really weird problem. In an office where I have
> | the following extensions:
> | On the Polycom phones, when I want to dial from extension
> 100 to any
> | extension 120 or above, or dial out, it dials just fine. If
> I want to
> | dial from extension 100 to extension 101,or 102 or 103 or
> 104, after
> | you dial 10 then it flashes connecting (really fast flash)
> but doesn't
> | connect to anything. Then you can dial the last digit of
> the extension.
> | Otherwise, if you dial 101 you are forced to dial the last 1 twice
> | because it wont send it.
> |
> | I have ruled out asterisk completely. Nothing wrong in the
> dialplan. I
> | have also ruled out DTMF. So it can either be buggy firmware or
> | something I am missing in the XML configs.
>
> Phone dialplan rules seem to be the culprit for something like that.
> Take a look at what the phone has set as the rules, and set
> as appropriate.  Instructions are available, a link was
> posted earlier on the list...
>
> Kris
>

> | Any ideas?

I second the dialplan as the culprit...I know you said that nothing is
wrong in the dialplan....I could have sworn mine was good too, I was
experiencing the exact same symptoms as you.  Went over the dialplan
with a fine tooth comb, corrected some logic mistakes that I had been
overlooking every time I checked it, and finally the problem is gone.

Marty