[Asterisk-Users] Feedback on CBMySql, MeetMe2 and web interface

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Mar 24 19:44:11 MST 2005

> Where's everybody else??  Those 50+ downloaders must be a lot smarter
> than me :D  I didn't have port or dbtable set because I'm using the
> defaults (I'm also using the mysql socket) and I thought sequence was
an
> exclusive postgres setting.  I've put in the info (minus sequence) in
an
> effort to enable the admin functionality.
The version of MeetMe2 I started with had support for both MySQL and
Postgress, but clearly was designed for Postgres.  I need to update
the configuration loading process to take that into account.  The
sequence_id is for Postgres only, but the config loader does not know
that.  It should also consider the different default port/socket for
MySQL.  In any case the warnings can be ignored.

> In all fairness, I don't know how to use this functionality from
within
> the conference, so I can't say that it is the fault of the Web UI.  I
> can get the Admin flag to work (which I can see in the Web UI) and I
can
> get the listen only flag to work (which I can also see in the Web UI).
> If I press the * key to try to access the admin menu I get a
continuous
> loop of the "enter the conference number you wish to join, followed by
> the # key".  If I'm a user and try to access the user menu with *, I
get
> "enter the channel number".  So, I don't think the problem is
> necessarily with the web ui :)

You are right, it is not related to the web ui.  I have not modified
or tested the admin menu options in MeetMe2.  I suspect it is related
to how I have been using the D|d options to trick the application to
create conference rooms without manually adding them to meetme2.conf.
When I return to my office I will add that to the list of things to
work on.

Dan

Dan Austin wrote:
> The warnings are semi-bogus, since the dbtype can be
> either MySQL or Postgress.
>
> Beyond the fact that the warnings refer to Postgres when
> using MySQL, it appears that these config Options are not
> set.
>
> port=
> sequence=
> dbtable=
>

> Dan

ast_destroy
> is deprecated, use ast_config_destroy instead!
>  [app_cbmysql.so] => (Conference Bridge MySQL)
>

> Kris
>
> Dan Austin wrote:
>
>>Just a guess, but you are using Postgres?  When I started
>>working on/with the MeetMe2 gui I saw the same problem, found
>>in the archives that others were seeing it and that using MySQL
>>just worked.
>>
>>I tested with Postgres and confirmed that sql updates were not
>>being written back to the database, but queries worked fine.
>>It might be a permissions problem or a malformed query.  Fixing
>>it is next on my list, since I think I want to use a few of
>>the more advanced Postgres features to extend the functionality
>>of the interface.
>>
>>Dan

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: