[Asterisk-Users] Dial out??

Noah Silverman noah at allresearch.com
Thu Mar 24 16:43:29 MST 2005

Hi,

I've managed to get my asterisk server up and running with a single POTS
line and a polycom IP500.

It will happily answer the phone line, tranfer calls, voicemail, etc.

The problem comes when I pick up the polycom phone and want to place an
outside call.
If I dial 913237773456  it just gives me a fast busy before I can enter
the last digig
If I just dial 97773456  it waits a second or two and then gives me the
same fast busy.

I have a Digium card running the Zaptel inerface.  I know it works
because * will answer incomming calls fine.

I am using the sample extensions.cfg file that came with asterisk.  I
only changed the following line:
TRUNK=Zap/1

Help....

-N