[Asterisk-Users] Outlook contacts -> Asterisk database(LookupCIDName)

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Thu Mar 24 15:06:19 MST 2005

Hi,

Not directly. Outlook contacts are either stored on a workstation or on an
exchange server and are in a proprietary format. There are options to export
and/or synchronise them, which might help you. Then you could easily replace
LookupCIDName with an AGI script that does the same thing but looks in a
different database type...

The suggestion someone else made was to use ASTTAPI. This would include a
TAPI interface on your Windows PC which then can get the callerID on the
windows machine when the call comes in. A user application can then look up
the name in the Outlook DB directly. However, I don't think it can then feed
those results back into Asterisk, which is what LookupCIDname does, so the
functionality is a little different.

Florian