[Asterisk-Users] Nortel Option 11

William Lloyd wlloyd at slap.net
Thu Mar 24 13:54:17 MST 2005

I'm doing a similar thing with a Nortel Norstar system.  The KSU has a
T1 card configured as an E&M trunk and a PRI card.

The E&M interface and zaptel had some issues with dialing digits
manually and having lost digits.

1.0.7 and CVS HEAD have a feature called emdigitwait to help solve the
problem.  Unfortunately it doesn;t totally fix the issue.

I submitted another patch the other day that fixes the dialing on E&M
without requiring trial and error setting of emwaitdigit but it's not
been adopted yet.

Look at the wiki it has good information to help set this up.

FYI, I've found CVS HEAD to have better echo canceling than 1.0.7.  I
also had some issues with the T1 going into Yellow Alarm once or twice
a day in stable, it's disappeared in HEAD.

-bill