[Asterisk-Users] Nortel Option 11

Jeff Pratt jsp at pizza73.com
Thu Mar 24 12:07:03 MST 2005

Friend, George E. wrote:
> Question...I'm fairly new to Asterisk, but one location I'm looking at deploying Asterisk has an Option 11 in place already (it's actually in someone's HOME - long story).
>
> Does anyone know if it's feasible to interconnect the two and use Asterisk to interface with the other offices and lines, and merely use the Option 11 as a gateway to use the existing digital handsets (Nortel)?
>
> George

I am currently using a TDM04B connnected to 4 2500 lines, and a T100P
connected to a NT5D14 line side T1 card(program them like 2500 sets).  I
will shortly be implementing a new T1 trunk to split our office side
voice off onto asterisk.

The TDM04B and T100P service multiple ACD queues, some of which handle
Voicemail for external employees, and some of which provide IVR services
for human operated ACD queues.

You can also use a 4 port T1 card as a go between for your CO T1s and
your switch.  Simply set up one port as CPE (this connects to the telco
T1s), and one port as NET (this connects to your switch).  Then set up
asterisk to send any calls that you don't want asterisk to handle down
the appropriate pipe (inbounds would go up the NET T1, and outbounds up
the CPE T1).

If you look around voip-info.org you should find where someone
documented doing that with a Norstar.

Jeff