[Asterisk-Users] why even use SIP

Sys Admin topgun9 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 11:24:07 MST 2005

just called digium using firefly softphone connected to a asterisk
server using IAX2 they said that the IAXy device is not in stock and
the earliest expected arrival is after a month.

On a dell insipiron 600m laptop with 512 MB RAM each time i maximize
or minimize even a small application like putty the firefly softphone
looses sound for 1/2 a second.  Why is the softphone application so
bad that it can not even handle another application being maximized
and minimized. This really throws me off !!