[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Voicemail Question

Dana Olson rickaster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 10:11:32 MST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:34:48 -0600, Art Zemon <art at hens-teeth.net> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Please forgive my ignorance. I think that what I am asking must be so
> obvious that no one bothers to write it down. But I don't know the
> answer so...
>
> I want to set up * with one incoming VOIP phone number. If someone calls
> me and is talking to me on that phone number, how does a second caller
> get to * voicemail instead of a busy signal?
>
> Thanks,
>    -- Art Z.

This is how it works on my home Asterisk setup. If you are not
experiencing this, can you see if that second call is even hitting
your server? I have a feeling that your VoIP provider is limiting you
to a single call. Either that, or you don't have your dialplan set up
properly. Might wanna paste the relevant portion here as well.
--
Dana