[Asterisk-Users] rxfax trouble on bristuffed capi

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Thu Mar 24 09:12:23 MST 2005

Hi all,

My BRIstuffed 0.2.0-RC7k is running fine on my debian box for voice calls
over ISDN2.
Now I want to implement receiving incoming faxes into my setup so I did a
google and some reading on the wiki.
I got the spandsp 0.0.2pre10 package compiled and installed, patched
asterisk's apps makefile and compiled * again.
This all worked out fine.
When integrating the RxFax into my dialplan the trouble begins.
When sending a fax to my test fax number generates a lot of the following
lines on the console but nothing is stored on my server and the remote
analog fax gives an error tone.

Training error 628.724327
Training failed (convergence failed)
Coarse carrier frequency 1799.49 (4)
Coarse carrier frequency 1800.89 (4)
Training error 673.044876
Training failed (convergence failed)

Some info on my setup.
Debian 3.1 sid with kernel 2.4.29 (vanilla)
2x Fritz ISDN2 card.
I patched the avm driver as described on the wiki to support 2 cards.
libxml2-dev is: Version: 2.6.16-3
libtiff4-dev is: Version: 3.7.1-4
spandsp is: 0.0.2pre10
asterisk is: BRIstuffed 0.2.0-RC7k

The incoming fax number is normally my did terminated by one of the fritz
cards. In the following config snipped I obfuscated this number for this
reason. The number is dedicated for faxes.

extensions.conf:

[macro-faxreceive]
exten => s,1,SetVar(FAXFILE=/var/spool/asterisk/fax/${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => s,2,SetVar(EXTEMAIL=michiel at vanbaak.info)
exten => s,3,SetVar(EXTNAME=Michiel)
exten => s,4,SetVar(EXTCOMPANY=vanbaak)
exten => s,5,Answer()
exten => s,6,rxfax(${FAXFILE}.tif)

; This is our fax line
[fax]
exten => 3424XXXXX,1,Macro(faxreceive)
exten => h,1,System(/var/lib/asterisk/scripts/faxmail "${CALLERIDNUM}"
"${CALLEDFAX}" "${EXTNAME}" "${EXTEMAIL}" "${FAXFILE}" "${EXTCOMPANY}")

; This comes in from the ISDN lines.
; Where do we want to go today ;)

[remote]
;my fax
exten => 3424XXXXX,1,SetVar(CALLEDFAX=${EXTEN})
exten => 3424XXXXX,2,Goto(fax,${EXTEN},1)

Can anyone help me please?