[Asterisk-Users] Vonage Linksys Router - Life after Vonage

Steven Kokinos steve at kokinos.com
Thu Mar 24 06:18:56 MST 2005

> I too have heard of people persuading a vonage tech to provide the
> password to log into and factory reset their device, but I get the
> impression that it is an uncommon occurrence.. you'd be lucky, basically.

I have an ATA-186 that Vonage unlocked for me. They used to just charge
$20 or so (on top of the cancellation fee) to unlock any device that
wasn't active. You'll have to get through their first line of support
and eventually transferred. They *may* have changed the policy with the
linksys boxes, as they couldn't do it when they first came out (I
tried). Now that linksys sells an unlocked version they may well be
willing though.