[Asterisk-Users] VoicePulse Issues

Adam Robins arobins at PharmaCentra.com
Thu Mar 24 06:10:53 MST 2005

I don't see how it could be firewall issues.  I have firewall ports 4569
and 5036 open for UDP traffic to and from the Asterisk server.
Yesterday we conducted a conference call that lasted several hours
without a drop, just periodic "dead spots" for a few seconds.  Other
calls disconnect entirely.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Sean
Kennedy
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:26 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] VoicePulse Issues

Adam Robins wrote:

>So, I switched to IAX2.  Now, everything works fine 95% of the time . .
>. but every once in a while, perhaps 5 seconds into a call or 20
>minutes into a call, the call will simply drop.  This occurs several
>times per week with no observable pattern.  I have attached an excerpt
>from the log file at the end of this message.
>
>Has anyone else experienced this?  Know what is causing it?  Has anyone

>gotten VoicePulse Connect to work with SIP?

Hi Admin,

I use the connect service from voicepulse ( as I am sure you do, just
specifying for future searches ), and I haven't had any of these
problems you have mentioned.  I do have a problem when the call is
connected, there's about half a second of silence about half a second
into the call, on every call.  I mention it here in case it's related.

Honestly, my first instict says this is a firewall problem.  Is that at
all possible with your setup?

Sean
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: