[Asterisk-Users] Fax and Voice

Forrest W. Christian fwc at mt.net
Thu Mar 24 03:22:17 MST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Guy Decarpentrie wrote:

> Le jeudi 24 Mars 2005 10:56, Altus Snyman a =E9crit=A0:
> > google asterisk fax
>
> Well, i know how to receive and mail a fax, now i want to know how to det=
ect
> if the call is a fax or a voice call, and reroute the call if it's a
> voicecall, and mail the fax if it's one.

I think you need to follow the original directions:

go to google,  search for "asterisk fax"

The very first hit tells you exactly what you want:

"Fax Detection with IAX and SIP
If you are trying to detect faxes over IAX, SIP, or for that matter any
type of channels, Newman Telecom has created NVFaxDetect and updated
BackgroundDetect? as NVBackgroundDetect for that purpose. We have had near
perfect results on decent IAX connections using ULAW/ALAW. Fax detection
utilizes Asterisk DSP and works in the same way  once detected, faxes are
sent to the fax extension. See Asterisk fax for example fax detection
scripts."

and has links to another part of the wiki where examples are given.

-forrest